Saturday, August 2, 2014

Anytime Meal

Ron comes home from a long workout and heads to the kitchen to refuel. It's usually always eggs, avocado and green chile sauce. Sometimes he eats that on whole-wheat toast other times he just chops it all up. Well, I didn't want to miss out so after my next bike ride, I came home and made my own yummy creation (minus the green chile sauce, but I could substitute salsa instead). He's pretty smart... it's filling, it's yummy and good for you too. My recommendation - make your own similar healthy, protein-packed meal for breakfast, post-workout, whenever. Enjoy!



Action Item: Take time to eat a meal if you are hungry. Snacking and grazing will only lead to overeating. If you really only have time to "grab" something, make sure it's appropriate - hydrate well, and pick items such as nuts, cheese, carrot sticks and hummus or a piece of fruit.

For Further Reading: What to Eat Before and After a Workout from Fitness Magazine and The Many Health Benefits of Avocado from Mercola.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment