Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fruit Leather

I grabbed a several pieces of fruit leather (fruit roll-ups) while at the store. I checked the ingredients first, especially making sure they contained no artificial food coloring. I then asked myself "why don't I make these more often?" Homemade fruit leather is healthier, less expensive and requires no packaging.

So I searched for the recipe a few minutes ago in order to share it (see the link below)... use whatever fruit you have on hand, blend it, place it in a pan and cook it on a very low temp for hours. I think I lightly oiled the pan rather than using plastic wrap or parchment paper. I was worried about heating the plastic, and what might come out of that and I also had no parchment paper.

Action Item: Check your kitchen, you should have fruit or even applesauce (natural, please). Try a batch of these today! They're not just for kids, but a great snack for anyone.

For Further Reading: Two Peas & Their Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment