Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Natural All-Purpose Cleaner

This is somewhat food related as one of the ingredients comes from "foods that fuel us" — oranges! If you eat oranges, re-use the peels before composting or tossing. 
 
 
Here's the plan:
  • Stuff an empty mason jar with orange peels.
  • Fill it with vinegar.
  • Let sit for two weeks.
  • Strain the lovely orange-smelling liquid into a spray bottle, dilute to your liking and start cleaning!
Safe, effective, inexpensive and non-toxic. You may have seen this idea on Pinterest or elsewhere. Well now is the time to make it if you haven't already.
We care about the foods we put in our bodies; we need to also be concerned with the chemicals we expose our bodies to! Every healthy change, no matter how small, is a step in the right direction.

Action Item: Next time you eat an orange, keep the peel and prepare to make a bath of all-natural cleaner.

For Further Reading: 66 All-Natural Cleaning Solutions (I just found this article, but plan to keep it handy!)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I love this idea. I already use white vinegar but I mix it with Dawn. I want to try this because I really like cleaning with vinegar and I eat a lot of oranges.

    ReplyDelete