Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pancakes are forgiving

 
With a topping of maple syrup, a good pancake is not difficult to make. As my vegan friends already know, you can make delicious pancakes without eggs. Previously I've substituted for eggs with flaxseed, another time I used Greek yogurt because of the thick consistency, but today I had no egg, flaxseed nor Greek yogurt. I made the pancakes anyway as we just returned from vacation the day before and our refrigerator was still a little bare.

Here are the ingredients I used:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1 cup vanilla almond milk
2 Tbsp (approximately) natural apple sauce (just finished what was in the jar)
2 tsp baking powder
good sprinkling of cinnamon

The end result? Yummy and filling pancakes.

The photo is a whole wheat and flax recipe from skiptomylou.org. I think they look delicious!

Action Item: Make pancakes tomorrow. It's faster than you might remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment