Monday, June 2, 2014

Low-fat, Lite and Nonfat

If you are committing to a healthier you, it's week six!

Week 6: No low-fat, lite or nonfat food products – Do not eat any food products that are labeled as “low-fat,” “lite,” “light,” “reduced fat,” or “nonfat.”

I went through a no-fat phase many years ago and am sorry that I did. Can't even imagine the chemicals that I put in my body through non-fat cookies and other lite products. I had some health issues at that time, and I'm pretty sure I now know why! We still eat an organic low-fat yogurt and it has very few ingredients. Still working on what is right for our diet. Once again, read labels and make the best decision you can at the time.

Action Item: Check the labels of any low-fat, fat-free or light products in your home. Are they high in sugar and sodium, and is the ingredient list a mile long? Probably so. Stick with foods with few (and natural) ingredients.

For Further ReadingLow-fat Diet: Why Fat Free Isn't Trouble FreeWhy You Need to Avoid Low-fat Milk and Cheese and Why You Should Be Wary of Lowfat and Light Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment