Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Those tiny stickers!


Do these tiny stickers from fruits and vegetables drive you crazy too? If yes, please read on and share in my pain. If not, you might want to move on to another post because you might think us sticker-annoyed people are crazy!

Here's how it goes in our house.
  • For some reason, it bothers me to walk to the trash bin to drop in one little sticker that usually sticks to my finger and is difficult to get in the trash bin anyway.
  • If my husband or son takes a piece of fruit, the lovely little sticker often gets left on the counter for me to peel off later. Or on the kitchen table or who knows where. Probably some I haven't found yet!
  • When I'm preparing dinner, same issues.
  • If the stickers don't get removed, they go to the compost bin on the peel and after weeks and weeks usually come out of the compost bin intact and I have to pick them all out.
  • Get my gist? I may be going a little overboard, but they can be a nuisance.
My solution? Not rocket science, but I hung a clothespin on my kitchen compost bin and voila! Stickers gather in one place. When I carry the compost outside I first toss the stickers into the trash. Happy me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment